Johanna's Reviews > I Spy Something Bloody

I Spy Something Bloody by Josh Lanyon

Nov 29, 11

bookshelves: ebook, m-m, favorites, romance, josh-lanyon
Read on September 23, 2011 — I own a copy

This was the second Josh Lanyon book I ever read - the first one was The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks. That one got me curious about Lanyon's work, but I Spy Something Bloody got me totally hooked! I guess it's useless to say that I've read lots of Lanyon's books since... and lucky me, I still have many to read!

I liked the way story was revealed by flashbacks. I was truly moved with Mark's struggle, his regret of the things that happened in the past and his strong emotions toward Stephen. While reading, I remember especially well the dreadful (and long lasting!!!) feeling when I actually thought that (view spoiler) Like always with his characters, Lanyon made Mark and Stephen feel so very real and their relationship so utterly and wonderfully complex. And the encounters between Mark and Stephen's new boyfriend Brent... oh excuse me... Bryce, were at the same time hilarious and teeth-grinding - and extremely entertaining!

I suppose that I'm a hopeless romantic, but the way Lanyon writes about longing, regret, forgiveness, love ... it just makes me so happy in the end. When a story is delivered in such an aesthetic and intelligent way, I want to savor it and linger with it - and come back to it some day, when I need cheering up. :)

The moment I finished the book I pushed the button and bought I Spy Something Wicked, because I just HAD TO know more about Mark and Stephen. This kind of slow torture (that Lanyon delivers in shape of Mark and Stephen, Adrien and Jake, Swift and Max...) is the perfect kind of torture for me!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Spy Something Bloody.