Connie's Reviews > The Trouble With Magic

The Trouble With Magic by Madelyn Alt

Sep 24, 11

Read from September 23 to 24, 2011

THE TROUBLE WITH MAGIC by Madelyn Alt is 261 pages in the paperback form. It is #1 in A Bewitching Mystery Series.

This book is about Maggie and how she comes to work for Enchantments as a retail clerk. The owner is a witch and is very open about her abilities to Maggie. The owner, Felicity, is a suspect in her sisters murder and Maggie sets out to help and clear her employer's name.

Maggie is a very likable character in this book and I loved the predicaments she seemed to get into and out of. Maggie has some special powers of her own and learning about those powers was a fun and enjoyable time.

I loved the premise of this book and the humor. There are parts the tongue and cheek are a little bit much, but it did not detract from the book. There is also a hint of romance, however it is just a hint. There are 9 books written in this series so far and I can't wait to read the next one. I am giving this 4.5 out of 5 stars.

BUY NOW: conniesbookshelf $2.75

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trouble With Magic.

09/24/2011 page 182
70.0% "This is a very good book so far. I am really enjoying it. Hope to finish today."