Monica's Reviews > Lady of Hay

Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine

Sep 24, 11

bookshelves: e-book, fiction, historical-fiction, time, hypnosis
Read from September 09 to 24, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I don't even know where to begin with this review. My emotions were thrown for a loop while reading this book. I found myself wanting to learn more again about history.

So this is a work of fiction which includes a bit of history from the 1200's. I am not too familiar with history that far back. I never found it interesting or something I wanted to learn. I have realized that as I read these types of books I want to do research and learn more about the history.

Joanna is the main character of this book. Some of the other important characters are Nick, Judy, Tim, Sam, Dr. Bennett and many more from their pasts or not. Joanna is doing an article on hypnosis and reincarnation. She doesn't believe in reincarnation. She also doesn't believe that being hypnotized can make someone go back to a previous life, especially her.

She soon discovers that her first thoughts are not exactly correct. Jo also learns about the first time she was hypnotized and what happened. Did she really live a life in the past? Or is it just something that someone suggested and put in her mind? Those are the questions that she needs to figure out.

I found the characters so diverse and interesting. Jo is a strong woman that can be intimidated or scared at times. Judy I felt was very self absorbed at first but then her character seemed to grow and mature. Nick was just a lost soul, confused about who he really was. Sam was the one character that I found very manipulative, self absorbed, jealous and so much more.

By middle of my book I found myself wondering about hypnosis and reincarnation. Wondering if it was possible to hypnotize yourself.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady of Hay.

09/23/2011 page 350