Veronica Morfi's Reviews > A Clash of Kings

Jun 04, 14

bookshelves: all-time-favs
Read from October 07, 2011 to December 04, 2013

Rating: 5/5

I've finished this book a month ago and was planning in reviewing it, but what is there to review?

So instead I am only going to say that this was even better than the first one. I can't wait to read the next one even though I am sure Martin is going to tear my heart out of my chest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Clash of Kings.

10/09/2011 page 27
03/20/2012 page 34
4.0% "Pikcing this up where I left. I only have 10 days till season 2 starts." 6 comments
04/01/2012 page 170
19.0% "Finally! Let's see what happened to the dragons :)"
04/01/2012 page 193
21.0% "Can't wait to watch the new episode. I hope I've read ahead of it. Don't want any spoilers."
04/02/2012 page 207
23.0% "Now I am ready to watch the new episode!"
04/09/2012 page 360
39.0% "Hopefully I am ahead of the second episode cause I will be watching it in a few hours."
04/10/2012 page 384
42.0% "Although I love this book it's making stay behind in all my other reading."
05/07/2012 page 403
44.0% "I can't watch any episode after 03 cause I am behind in the book :("
09/10/2013 marked as: to-read
11/08/2013 marked as: currently-reading 3 comments
11/09/2013 page 486
53.0% "And another one bites the dust.
"
11/09/2013 page 500
54.0% "Stupid Goodreads' "image error"...
Here's the gif from the last update once more...
"
11/09/2013 page 500
54.0% ""
11/10/2013 page 546
59.0% "Hit him baby, one more time...
" 2 comments
12/04/2013 marked as: read
show 21 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

AtenRa So glad a GoodReads friend is reading this series :D

Veronica Morfi AtenRa wrote: "So glad a GoodReads friend is reading this series :D"

I know a lot of people that read them or have already read them. They are amazing. How many have you read?

AtenRa Greeks I know like my sister, 2 friends of mine and you :D Weird uh?
I have read the first 3.

message 4: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Hey Veronica, congrats. on finishing The Game of Thrones! It's going to take me a while to finish the first book... But I am glad to see you are finally reading A Clash of Kings! Keep me posted on how you like it! =)

Veronica Morfi Christine wrote: "Hey Veronica, congrats. on finishing The Game of Thrones! It's going to take me a while to finish the first book... But I am glad to see you are finally reading A Clash of Kings! Keep me posted on ..."

Yay, thanks! I couldn't believe it. I read the first chapter of A Clash of Kings and I'm already hooked. It reads faster than the first now, and only now I realize how much you have no idea what's going to happen and you want to read more and more. :)

Renée - Novel Nutcase And believe me, every-time you think you've figured out what is going to happen: something big changes everything!

Veronica Morfi Renée wrote: "And believe me, every-time you think you've figured out what is going to happen: something big changes everything!"

:) I'm sure! The books are addictive.

message 8: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine I am definatley going to try and finish this book soon! Time limits me on how much I can read during the week, and I am just soooo... tired in the evening. I will get there eventually, just not soon enough! TTys my friend! =)

Dustin So you're moving right along, I see!

Veronica Morfi Christine wrote: "I am definatley going to try and finish this book soon! Time limits me on how much I can read during the week, and I am just soooo... tired in the evening. I will get there eventually, just not soo..."

How far are you in the book?

Veronica Morfi Dustin wrote: "So you're moving right along, I see!"

Yeap, I couldn't let the story even for one day.

message 12: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Hey Veronica! I am currently on pg. 162 - moving along slowly, but I know I will finish at some point lol..

Veronica Morfi Christine wrote: "Hey Veronica! I am currently on pg. 162 - moving along slowly, but I know I will finish at some point lol.."

Good luck and good reading! :)

Veronica Morfi Unfortunately I have put this one on hold for almost 6 months now. And it's not that I don't like it, cause I love it, but it just takes up so much time to read and holds me back in my reading. Hopefully I'll pick it up before the end of the year.

message 15: by Nymeria (new) - added it

Nymeria I'm so happy you are reading "a Song of Ice and Fire" series! Martin's books are my favorite ever!!! :D

Veronica Morfi Nymeria wrote: "I'm so happy you are reading "a Song of Ice and Fire" series! Martin's books are my favorite ever!!! :D"

They are indeed great! :)

message 17: by Philharmonic (new) - added it

Philharmonic EightThirty (Pg 470)Very good so far! Such an awesome setting... I wouldn't live there though, such a relief to shut the book and realize I'm safe on Earth!! lol... Still I can't wait to delve back in next chance!! lol :)

message 18: by Wadzanai (new)

Wadzanai Mufunde My friend has leant me the first book in this series, A Game of Thrones. I hope it doesn't disappoint :)"

message 19: by Wadzanai (new)

Wadzanai Mufunde Me too. I'm sure I will though. It was recommended by a friend, and I trust her.

Veronica Morfi Wadzanai wrote: "My friend has leant me the first book in this series, A Game of Thrones. I hope it doesn't disappoint :)""

It's really great. But if you watched the show it won't have any surprises in it. The first season was very close to the first book.

message 21: by Wadzanai (new)

Wadzanai Mufunde I've only see the first two episodes of the show but I stopped watching it when I realised I was interested in it and wanted to read the books. Also, it's really awkward trying to watch Game of Thrones in my house because there is I my one TV in our small living room and GoT is very sexual.

David "proud member of Branwen's adventuring party" I love that you said this was better than the first one, so far I'm liking this one better too! :)

Veronica Morfi David wrote: "I love that you said this was better than the first one, so far I'm liking this one better too! :)"

I've watched the first season before reading the book, so I knew what to expect with A Game of Thrones. I stopped watching the TV show ever since, so everything comes as a surprise. My only problem is that it takes me forever to read these books, and usually read a few chapters a month, then pick the book up half a year later.