Jessica(WonderlandReviews)'s Reviews > Wondrous Strange

Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston

Always the fan of Fey culture I eagerly grabbed this book when I came across it gathering dust on a Half Priced book store shelf and placed it on my own shelf to gather dust. I won't lie, I am prone to act like a kid in a candy store at that place, and I eagerly gobble up books only to forget about them on my shelves.

It is an unexpected treat as I go through my books to see what I want to read next.

So, lets get on with the book. Kelley is an actress who just so happens to have been cast as the understudy for Titania in Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Nights Dream." Go figure? And when an accident comes along the bumps the actress out and Kelley up, it seems like the odds are in her favor, except she can't seem to remember the lines.

So when she goes to the park to clear her head and practice her lines, a feat that ends up with her in tears. She is come across by a strange young man who gives her a flower and from there her life changes.

I don't know about you, but I am not prone to accepting flowers from strange men, and I definitely wouldn't do it in Central Park. While a sweet gesture it would scream Rapist or Stalker in my book.

I loved the tale, it seriously had me riveted, I was glad that work was slow because in the back room my nose was firmly glued to the pages as I became immersed in the tale.

The one thing that really bothered me was that Auberon was King of the Winter court, and correct me if I am mistaken but I thought he was a Summer Fey. *Shrug* Perhaps my fable knowledge is off and if so then I apologize for even bringing it up. But it was something I could easily over look in the exuberance of a good read.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wondrous Strange.