Bob Nailor's Reviews > Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

Sep 23, 11

Read from September 22 to 24, 2011

I found the book to be a very inspiring read. At times I felt it was bogged down by the father's insistence to connect what his son said to a Biblical reference. I'm not saying that is a bad thing but I felt the book was suppose to be about the boy and what he discovered, not about the father and testing his faith. Maybe it was and I just missed that. Overall I would say this is a great read and should be read by anyone who questions Heaven. The picture of Christ I found much more comforting that others I had seen growing up. I don't doubt that the son did indeed see Heaven, speak with God (Father, Son & Holy Spirit) and any of the other people he met. I especially enjoyed and felt the reference to Satan to be an accurate remark and one we, as Christians, should be made aware of. Will this book make an Atheist convert? I doubt it. But, if only one person becomes a believer, then it has served its purpose.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven is for Real.