Jennifer's Reviews > Blood Persuasion

Blood Persuasion by Janet Mullany

Oct 06, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-vampires
Read from September 22 to 25, 2011

Jane Austen: Blood Persuasion, the sequel to Jane and the Damned, follows up with Jane years after she had taken the Cure. Finally finding the time and creativity, Jane has begun writing again. Her peaceful work is short-lived however, once the vampires descend upon her village.

I love how Janet Mullany mixes facts about Jane Austen's life with vampire adventures. Both books are fun paranormal stories that do much to showcase the strength and perseverance of the real Jane Austen. In Blood Persuasion, we continue to see Jane shed the conventions of her time in order to aid others in need and keep her family safe. Against her own wants, Jane becomes once again involved with the Damned, including those of her own former vampire family.

As a respectable spinster, she fights against her rekindled attraction to Luke. Of course, it's easy enough when he seems to have switched allegiances from her creator, William, to a band of vampires who have no qualms about eating her neighbors and other villagers.

Janet Mullany continues her Immortal Jane Austen tale in a way that makes the post of the time period, vampires and Jane Austen herself. The ending is truly excellent, making the book more emotional and giving the reader some unexpected closure. Blood Persuasion wraps up Jane's life in a way that leaves very little room for a third in the series. I'm disappointed that it seems there won't be more stories about Jane Austen and her vampires, but the I absolutely loved the ending of Blood Persuasion, so I can't complain.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Persuasion.