Liza's Reviews > Touch

Touch by Jus Accardo

1207623
Nov 10, 11

Read from September 24 to 25, 2011

The first time I heard about Touch was actually a post I came across about the changes in the cover. Of course, after seeing the new cover, I thought with a handsome fellow hot guy like that gracing the front, how could I not want to read what's inside?! And after reading the summary I really knew I had to! Now, I received my e-arc copy in my e-mail after midnight. I stuck it on my kindle, sat in my chair and didn't get up until the wee hours of the morning. And by wee I mean I stayed up to 5 or 6 in the morning. I literally could not put this down!

From the first part of the book I found Dez's attitude and actions hard to swallow. She's a total daredevil. I'm exactly the opposite. I'm obsessed with safety and I'm the typical helicopter Mother who loves to hover. But very quickly into the book Dez grew on me and I became hooked on her story. And of course Kale's story. I rarely find the male love interests in stories endearing - normally I like them for their confidence or because their sexiness oozes through the pages and while I'm not saying Kale does not possess these qualities; I can definitely say his endearing personality definitely played a huge role in my love for his character.

The action in this never slowed down - the pace kept up throughout reading. And I was caught off guard and surprised quite a few times. The love story is very sweet and had some really hot scenes (probably better suited for mid to older teens). But one of the best parts of the book was the setting: I love settings where characters have superpowers and corporations are out to get them and this fit that love of mine very well.

RECOMMENDED TO
As I said above, if you like an action packed novel full of characters with superpowers trying to fight an evil organization and a good love story thrown in to boot: you'll love this just as much as I did. And even if that type of story makes your eyebrows raise with a little skepticism: I'd still recommend it!

FAVOURITE QUOTE
Kale looked from me to Alex, face darkening. At his sides, fingers twitched. "You hurt her. She told me. Why do you care if she lets me kiss her? She holds my hand now, not yours!"

I went back and saw that I had highlighted this! I loved this part! It still makes me giggle!

View more of my reviews at my blog Book Crook Liza
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch.

09/25/2011 page 48
16.9% "ahhh, this is really good so far! Kale is total cuteness!"