Ruth's Reviews > The Silent Girl

The Silent Girl by Tess Gerritsen

Sep 26, 11

Read from September 22 to 26, 2011

I was surprised to see another Tess Gerritsen book out so soon after Ice Cold, which was great. I read a synopsis of this book and put it on my "to read" list right away. I wasn't disappointed.

Billy Foo was leading a group on his ghost tour through Chinatown in Boston. An out of work actor, he hammed it up when he told his ghost stories. As the group reaches Beach Street, the temperature suddenly dropped. It was not the first time that Billy had noticed this happening. As they rounded the corner one of the children in the group found a hand dripping with blood. Everyone thought that it was a prop. A short time later, Rizzoli and her partner Frost arrived to try to determine why a female hand, freshly severed was lying on the sidewalk.

As Rizzoli and Frost follow up on their leads they begin to find connections to a grisly murder that occured 19 years ago that left five people dead. One of the women connected to that massacre was still alive, still living in the area, and teaching martial arts. Rizzoli gets the distinct feeling that this woman has secrets that she is just not telling them and shortly afterwards they discover that she is the target of something evil.

How do all these parts fit together? Will those investigating the crime be able to find out the truth about what is going on and stay alive while doing it?

This was a page turner. Enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silent Girl.