Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > Unraveled

Unraveled by Courtney Milan

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: December 9, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Self-Published
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: www.courtneymilan.com
My Source for This Book: Amazon.com
Part of a Series: Yes, Book #3, Turner
Series Best Read In Order: Probably, but worked well as a standalone
Steam Level: Steamy

I do think that for the most part, this book works well as a standalone. However, there’s just enough interaction with the rest of the Turner family and previously introduced characters that I do think new readers may feel a little lost at parts, as they will be missing out on the histories and nuances of the family and their relationships.

If I absolutely had to choose from the Turner brothers, I think Smite would be my favorite, though I admit it would be a close call. I have been anxiously awaiting Smite’s story ever since I was lucky enough to pick up the first book in this series, Unveiled, and was so thrilled to discover that it was everything I’d hoped it would be.

Inner turmoil from Smite’s abusive childhood, emotional distance from the family that desperately wants to include him, the rude comments he must endure due to his determination to give everyone an equal chance in the courts, and the way he tried to hold himself apart emotionally from Miranda was delicious.

Overall, I absolutely adored it. While I was a bit put off momentarily by Miranda’s easy acceptance of his offer to make her his mistress, I quickly got past that, and simply enjoyed watching them both lead each other on a merry chase. Throw in Smite’s interesting family dynamics, and the mystery surrounding The Patron, and this easily became an outstanding read.

A very solid 4.5/5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unraveled.