Andrea Guy's Reviews > One Night, Two Heirs

One Night, Two Heirs by Maureen Child

Sep 22, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, ebook, harlequin, netgalley, romance, quick-reads
Read in September, 2011

Maureen Child is one of my favorite author's for the Desire line. I love her Kings of California series. So when I saw her latest book, I was excited and had to read it. It was a great quick read, but it didn't pack the punch that most of Ms. Child's other offerings have.

The plot is a bit old hat...A one night stand results in a pregnancy and the mother hides it from the father who is a marine on active duty. Really? I always wonder about the women who hide things like this from men who are otherwise honorable. Rick is definitely a guy that do the right thing or at least play an active part in his children's lives. He proves this almost instantly in the story.

Rick is a good guy and Maureen lets us know that. It is a shame Sadie's character isn't as developed or her twins, they felt like props to the story something I'm not used to in Maureen's stories.

The story moves along at a good pace and isn't quite as steamy as some Desire's I've read. It felt more like a Harlequin Romance with some added spice. Still, it was a quick fun afternoon read. Not one of Maureen's best offerings, but still an enjoyable read for someone looking for a romance fix.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Night, Two Heirs.