Carmen's Reviews > Married with Zombies

Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen

Sep 22, 11

This is the first of three books centering around Sarah and David. A couple on the brink of divorce… that is until the day they find their marriage councillor chowing down on her previous clients. And not in a good way. So begins a rollercoaster ride of zombie bashing, couple bickering and good old fashioned car theft.

The two main characters, Sarah and David, are so flawed in their own ways but both so likeable. The story was told from a first person perspective by Sarah and I liked seeing how she came to terms with the realisation of her flaws and in turn how she dealt with them… sometimes not always quickly enough. They both were likeable, believable and I rooted for them not to be eaten all the way through.

I loved Married With Zombies, it reminded me a lot of the girly fiction my sister reads by the likes of Jill Mansell… but with zombies thrown into the mix. A definite improvement on romantic comedy! I cracked through the book in two evenings and will definitely go on to read the other two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Married with Zombies.