Ami's Reviews > Sunset Express

Sunset Express by Robert Crais

Sep 23, 11

bookshelves: cole-and-pike-series
Read from September 23 to 24, 2011

The story is opened in Elvis Cole retelling an event that lead to him being hired by a media-loving attorney, Jonathan Green. Green represents a man, Theodore Martin, who is accused of killing his wife. Only, Green thinks that the LAPD, speficially Detective-two Angela Rossi has planted an evidence. Though at first, following a tip to the attorney's hotline, Cole finds an evidence that proof LAPD's reckleness but soon he discovers that there might be foul play from the defense team.

I think the series is getting more serious with this. The ending, for one, feels like it's out in the open, that Cole will try to do his might to bring Green's ass to jail. All the time, when it seems like Cole is in position against the LAPD, I feel uncomfortable. I know that Cole has friends in the department, and I don't like that his investigation seems to incriminate a detective.

There is still humor (my favorite is when Cole is answering his phone calling his female friend's name, only to have his girlfriend, Lucy, on the other side :p); there is also romance as Cole is getting closer to Lucy, even having Lucy and Ben visit and there are "I love you's" thrown between them ... but the tone is not as humorous as previous book.

There are other two things that come to my attention. Seems like Angela Rossi and Joe Pike might have something, 'cause Joe acts a bit different with her. AND, Lucy's ex-husband is a jerk who might finds his way to Lucy's life. I wonder if these two things will be develop in the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunset Express.