Fictitious Delicious's Reviews > Bad Taste in Boys

Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Oct 16, 11

bookshelves: reviewed-by-jen
Read from September 22 to October 01, 2011

Posted to www.fictitiousdelicious.com on 10/4/11.

Fictitious Delicious Rating: 4

And the award for wittiest writer of the year goes to…..Carrie Harris!

I seriously dare you to read this book without laughing, like, a dozen times. Yeah, I know it’s a zombie book but it is a hilarious zombie book. Which is why I love it. And that’s saying a lot coming from a girl who can’t watch a zombie movie without cowering under the covers.

In this story, we have a super smart heroine named Kate Grable. (Prepare to develop an inferiority complex while you read. This girl knows EVERYTHING.) Kate volunteers as a student trainer for her high school football team and discovers that the coach is injecting members of the team with BEEEEEEEP. She takes it upon herself to find the who, what, when, where, why and how’s of the mysterious symptoms displayed by the players lucky enough to be dosed up. There’s lots of black vomit, missing limbs and digits, and aggravated growling throughout this zombie invasion. All of which was very scary for this scaredy cat. But I continued reading and I’m so glad I did.

Like every book I love, this book has some romance. Now granted it’s sprinkled in between zombie attacks but it’s there nonetheless. The story really focuses on Kate and her ability to put her super smart braaaaaaiiiins to use to find out how to cure what’s wrong in Bayview so there isn’t a ton of kissing (awwwwww….) but it IS there. And the ending is very romantical. It appears as though this is book one of a series so maybe Kate and BEEEEEEP’s relationship will be further developed in future books.

Don’t hesitate to pick this one up, folks. It’s a PERFECT October read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Taste in Boys.