Anna's Reviews > My Grandmother's Knitting: Family Stories and Inspired Knits from Top Designers

My Grandmother's Knitting by Larissa Brown

Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: memoir, knit-crochet, nonfiction
Read in July, 2012

The layout of this book is absurd. The stories are upfront and the patterns that are supposed to be inspired by the stories are in section 2. You have to frantically flip back and forth if you want to see the connection. Also, the section on the memories is not written by each contributor, but rather by the editor of the book in a mini-bio/interview. I did not care for that aspect at all. I wanted to hear the designers talk about their memories and inspiration in their own words. Some of the patterns are intriguing. I'm casting on for Wendy's slippers asap, But others are available for free via other sources (i.e. storm cloud shawlette, which is something that I find irksome when buying a pattern book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Grandmother's Knitting.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonny (new)

Bonny Your review is really helpful to me; thank you! This is a knitting book that I've considered, but the absurdities you pointed out would irk me also.