Midu Hadi's Reviews > Darkfever

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: 212books, abuse, books-about-the-fae, fantasy, magick, serial-killers-and-other-murderers, series
Recommended for: UF/PNR fans
Read on March 05, 2012 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** Both of the MC irritated me to no end!
Mac was just overly girly and the stereo typical blonde character but she also had the nerve to get mad when Barrons treated her that way.
Barrons would be the guy you'd kill your daughter before you let them near him!
Other than that, the book was really good.
I loved the brutality of Alina's murder and I also loved how the Fae were portrayed in this book. The Seelie were not shown as the "good" Fae and Fae Royalty was something to be afraid of, no matter which of the Fae group it belonged to.
Would be interesting to find out what Barrons is.
On to the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfever.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. heh, why 3 stars though?

Midu Hadi cuz of Mac and Barrons :-p

message 3: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. Okay, I'm gonna have to take your word for it since I haven't read this series yet.

Midu Hadi you haven't? How have you stayed under Di's radar so far? lol

message 5: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. shhhh, she doesn't know!! LOL
Besides, I've got no time right now. I've got a ton of review books waiting for me. And honestly, if I did have the time, I'd be reading something different ;)

Midu Hadi hehehe i'm so going to get you in trouble. Let her come online!

Midu Hadi hey hows the writing goin?

message 8: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. hahahahah, go ahead, Di's a buddy, she won't skin me for not reading Fever LOL

The writing is going slow, since I've been working these past 2 days :( But hope to be able to pick it up this afternoon. I'm halfway done with the second chapter of Dawn's story. And I know what will be happening in the other half, so that's good, right? :) I hope to finish it today so I could revise and edit tomorrow and post it :)

Midu Hadi That's good, then! :-D

message 10: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. yeah, if the plan succeeds LOL

message 11: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi *fingers & toes crossed*

message 12: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. I know, mine are too :)

message 13: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. I really want to see where the characters would go from here. You'd think I would know, since I'm the author, but nooooooo it doesn't work that way. I let my characters do what they must, not what I want them to do :)

message 14: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi I think that's the way it is supposed to work, isn't it?

message 15: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. Not always. Some authors just write whatever they want. But I can't. When I do that it feels wrong, and then I have to go back and re-write

message 16: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi Wow, that hard?

message 17: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. Not hard, but it's extra work. So, I've learned that I just have to listen to my characters and not make them act against their nature. Otherwise the book feels forced and unrealistic.

Nicole You have to hate Barrons first, it's like law, later it's a love-hate thing, then love ;-)

message 19: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi done with the second book..hope he improves in the next one.

Nicole lmao, not sure.... they all blend together for me. I'm not sure if I loved the series during reading any one specific book or just feel totally in love with it during the last.

message 21: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi i get that..it was the same for me with Curran in Kate Daniels series.

Diana (Mrs. Barrons) Oh Midu.... I am disappointed in your review. I hope you give the next one a chance. I wasn't thrilled with DarkFever either. Mac annoyed me so much I almost quit there, but I was encouraged to continue, so I'm encouraging you.

Vanya, see now I'm on to you. Will be watching...

message 23: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi hehehe

message 24: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi will do,Di!

message 25: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. Oh no! *cowers in fear* Just don't hit me with the book till I read it! LOL It's on my TBR list anyway. I'm just not sure how long till I actually get to read it...

message 26: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi hehehe told ya! i'm a snitch!

message 27: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. Oh, shush! LOL She wasn't all that bad though, I thought she'd start PM-ing me to read the books LOL This is mild :DDDD

message 28: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi You just love tempting fate, don't cha? lol

message 29: by Vanya D. (new) - added it

Vanya D. What can I say, I love challenging people ;)