Leah Macvie's Reviews > E-Learning by Design

3320978
Sep 22, 2011

bookshelves: elearning
Read in September, 2011

This is not the type of book to read all the way through- though I do recommend reading through the first chapter and referencing the rest of the chapters when you need them. One of the best idea books I've come across- it is a great resource for instructional designers that develop and train others to develop (however, it can also be useful to teachers that develop their own courses). Great illustrations.

There are a variety of examples in the book for the use of these activities- they can be used for developing informative sites, courses, consulting training exercises, etc. I like how the author breaks down the different types of activities- absorbing, connecting, and doing activities- flexible enough for a learning management system, Web site, or other training program.

My one comment is that the book seems a bit out of order- possibly the activities should go after the lessons chapter, which is why I came to the conclusion that it is best to use this as a reference.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read E-Learning by Design.