Amanda's Reviews > Away

Away by Teri Hall

Jan 21, 12

bookshelves: library, reviewed, young-adult, dystopian
Read on January 10, 2012

Away was a vast improvement over the Line. The pacing was much better. I think the Line just had too much back story, but once that was out of the way, Away was really able to shine.

This book was one rescue mission after another, but somehow managed to not feel forced. the reunions in it were touching and heartfelt. The separations were painful and heart wrenching. I cried a few times for very different reasons. There was a few bits that were a little repetitive (like the rescue mission and one line was actually repeated word for word). That was my only real complaint.

The government in this is just plain scary. The things they do to people, they just disappear off the street and no one even blinks. And can't forget what they did to the people in the Away. They abandoned them and now are stealing them to experiment on them. It's just terrifying. And totally plausible, which makes it that much more terrifying.

Pathik and his family are my favorite. Their life in Away is so much different than anything we have ever known, and hopefully ever will.

I hope we haven't seen the last of this world. There's so much more to be had here!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Away.

01/10/2012 page 100