Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)'s Reviews > Radiant Desire

Radiant Desire by Inara Scott

Sep 22, 2011

Read from September 22 to 24, 2011

Radiant Desire is the first book in Inara Scott's brand new series, Handmaids Seduction. I am a huge fan of Inara Scott's YA novel, The Candidates, that when I heard she had an adult series I was eager to get my hands on a copy. Thank goodness for Netgalley!

Radiant Desire starts off with Queen of the fey, Zafira, sending Kaia to the human world to seduce and bring to his knee's a human by the name Garrett. Kaia thinks this will be an easy task, but when she meets Garrett for the first time things are a lot harder than she had expected. It's almost as if Garrett can resist her charm. After working even harder towards her goal, Kaia finally gets what she wants and more. The handmaids are not supposed to get any pleasure out of what they do, nor are they supposed to feel anything towards any of the human males that they are sent out to seduce. And that is exactly what Kaia gets with Garrett. Not only did she allow him to pleasure her, but she also finds him very fascinating. Kaia’s world is quickly turned upside down and now because of her mistake a lot is at stake.

Garrett at times made me want to scream. He was a bit pushy and controlling, but at the same time you sort of understood him. He was protective of what was his and those he cared about. One minute I was so annoyed with him, and the next I just found him super sexy. I think I felt every emotion Kaia was feeling towards him LOL. Their relationship felt very real and throughout the whole book I was dying to know how it all played out. It remains a big mystery till almost the near end exactly why Zafira choose Garrett and why he was so important to her. It was a nice surprise. I think Inara Scott did a great job and she has created a world that you can easily get lost in. Other than the whole fey thing, some of the subjects that Scott touched on really do happen in the real world.

Radiant Desire will make you laugh, want to scream, and have your stomach full of butterflies. There's a little taste of everything for those who love romance. I really enjoyed this book and hope there will be more to come. It's a great beginning to a great series. A Good Choice for Reading!

4 out of 5 Stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Radiant Desire.

09/22/2011 page 22