Bianca's Reviews > Awakened

Awakened by P.C. Cast

Sep 22, 2011

did not like it
Read in September, 2011

I know I'm rehashing a lot of what others have said, but I wanted to add my voice to the growing list of those who feel this series has lost it's way. I began reading these books before the fifth book, "Hunted" was released. I thought they were interesting and had a good plot going. Now, the books have almost become caricatures of themselves. The way the authors present the conversations between the characters was always something that annoyed me, but it's beyond ridiculous now. I'm not a teenager now but I remember being 17 and trust me, that is not how your average 17 year old talks. At all. It's made even more annoying when you have Zoey saying "bullpoopie" in one sentence and in the very next Aphrodite is using the f-word. Let's drop the cutesy language and be real. Also, the revolving door of men(boys) in Zoey's life is more than a little disturbing. It seems as if they're trying to mask what is essentially promiscuity with vampire "traditions" and mythology. Mostly what annoys me is that what began as a great series has become annoying and hard to trudge through. The fact that there are going to be 12 books in this series is unfathomable. This series should be over, in my opinion. Make the books that you have slightly longer and tie up loose ends quicker instead of having pages and pages of filler and leave the reader satisfied with a story well told. I'm not even sure that I'm interested enough at this point to wait four more books to see how this plays out. The unnecessary deaths, rehashing of "Neferet is good, now she's evil, maybe she's good, nope she's definitely evil but no one believes us even though she's doing this in plain sight", and the whole Heath thing...It's become too much to handle. Basically, if you've enjoyed the series tremendously and you're looking for more of the same, you're going to love this. If you're like me, and you started out loving the series but over the last few books you've come to feel like this story is never going to reach it's conclusion, you may want to save your money.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakened.