Henri Hämäläinen's Reviews > Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us

Drive by Daniel H. Pink

Sep 25, 2011

It wasn't easy to read, it really required concentration to understand it, but the content was brilliant. Book guided me through backgrounds of motivation and incentives all the way to current understanding of what drive people forward. What are the things that really motivate people.

I confess, I've never been a school person as such. I've never understood all the hassle with numbers and exams et cetera. I've gone through the whole system and graduated from university, but I've only learned the things that has been interesting to me. The rest I've just passed. This book explains some of my behavior and gives some good insights how school system could change. Also it proposes some ways to encourage this true learning (intrinsic motivation) with kids in schools that don't encourage this motivation type I approach.

If you are looking for light weight reading, maybe this is not for you right now. If you want to understand behavior of yourself and the people around you, this will give you food for thought.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drive.