Anda T.'s Reviews > The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Quotes Anda Liked

Stephen Chbosky
“It's strange because sometimes, I read a book, and I think I am the people in the book.”
Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

We accept the love we think we deserve.
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”

Stephen Chbosky
“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”

Stephen Chbosky
“And all the books you've read have been read by other people. And all the songs you've loved have been heard by other people. And that girl that's pretty to you is pretty to other people. and that if you looked at these facts when you were happy, you would feel great because you are describing 'unity.”

Stephen Chbosky
“I am very interested and fascinated how everyone loves each other, but no one really likes each other.”
tags: moi

Stephen Chbosky
“If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am. And I don't want them to carry it around inside. I want them to show me, so I can feel it, too. I want them to be able to do whatever they want around me.”

Stephen Chbosky
“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.”

Stephen Chbosky
“We didn't talk about anything heavy or light. We were just there together. And that was enough”

Stephen Chbosky
“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”

Stephen Chbosky
“I wanted to laugh. Or maybe get mad. Or maybe shrug at how strange everyone was, especially me.”

Stephen Chbosky
“Just tell me how to be different in a way that makes sense.”

Stephen Chbosky
“There's nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.”

Stephen Chbosky
“It's just that I don't want to be somebody's crush. If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am. And I don't want them to carry it around inside. I want them to show me, so I can feel it too.”

Stephen Chbosky
“I don’t know if you’ve ever felt like that. That you wanted to sleep for a thousand years. Or just not exist. Or just not be aware that you do exist. Or something like that. I think wanting that is very morbid, but I want it when I get like this. That’s why I’m trying not to think. I just want it all to stop spinning.”

Stephen Chbosky
“She wasn't bitter. She was sad, though. But it was a hopeful kind of sad. The kind of sad that just takes time. ”

Stephen Chbosky
“He's a wallflower. You see things. You keep quiet about them. And you understand.”

Stephen Chbosky
“I just want you to know that you’re very special… and the only reason I’m telling you is that I don’t know if anyone else ever has.”

04/22 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new) - added it

David Hartzheim Really enjoyed the film. Been waiting to read the book.