Dee's Reviews > All Summer Long

All Summer Long by Susan Mallery

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: author-susan-mallery, harlequin, harlequin-hqn, arc-netgalley, arc-reviewed-netgalley
Read from May 27 to 28, 2012

Review Now Posted

4.5/5 stars

Clay, who made his money by modeling underwear and being a butt double, decided it was time to get out of the business and come home to be surrounded by family. As well as coming up with a great idea for a new business that would also bring extra revenue to the town, he wants to become a volunteer firefighter to help his community. However he constantly has to face peoples prejudice and they wrongly assume he is just a ‘pretty boy’ and therefore cannot possibly be committed to anything responsible.

Charlie, who was very deeply scarred as a teenager, is a firefighter and stables her horse on the Stryker property. She is a very blunt, honest and forward person that has been hiding herself away for years but now desperately wants a child. She has a choice in that she gets over her emotional problems by visiting a psychiatrist or just tackles the problem head on. As is the norm with Charlie, she decides just to tackle the problem and asks Clay for help. I really loved the way that Clay was with Charlie, he really is a nice and genuine guy who despite being an exceptionally good looking man Clay wanted to be known and treated as more than just a ‘piece of ass’. It was actually nice to read that it was the man who was suffering from the classic stereotyping and not the woman!

I thought this was a great story from Susan Mallery and a great addition to the series. I am looking forward to reading Evie’s story and reading more about the Stryker family and the Fool’s Gold community.

ARC kindly provided by Harlequin via Netgalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Summer Long.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Nice review, Dee! :)

Vicki Great review Dee, I'm looking forward to reading this one! :)

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Rain wrote: "Nice review, Dee! :)"

Thanks Rain!

Vicki wrote: "Great review Dee, I'm looking forward to reading this one! :)"

Thanks Vicki....For me it was the best of the latest 3 and definitely worth the wait!

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Baba wrote: "Great review, Dee!"

message 6: by Jill (new)

Jill a butt double
Lol! Classic!
This sounds good DeeDee. Just wish I had the time to read more.

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Jill wrote: "a butt double
Lol! Classic!
This sounds good DeeDee. Just wish I had the time to read more."

This was good Jilly...so you need to find more time ha ha.

What I really liked about this book was that it was the bloke who was struggling to get anywhere as was constantly being judged by his good looks and previous job...Usually it is the woman, so it was a refreshing angle.

I also liked the way that Clay was with Charlie. Charlie wasn't a great beauty and was in fact fairly plain and was a bit of a tomboy - She didn't dress to be noticed in fact she dressed very much for the opposite effect. They started off a really good friends and although she wasn't his 'normal' type of woman he had a great deal of respect for her and over time he feel very deeply in love with her....It was tear worthy towards to the end and a really lovely story......Looking back at my review I can see I didn't do the read a great deal of justice and missed an awful lot out!

Classic Mallery book and a great read....I am sure you wouldn't be disappointed!

message 8: by Jill (new)

Jill Dee wrote: "Jill wrote: "a butt double
Lol! Classic!
This sounds good DeeDee. Just wish I had the time to read more."

This was good Jilly...so you need to find more time ha ha.

What I really liked about this..."

Thanks Dee. Can this be read as a stand-alone? I've only read the first few books in this series.