Yla Delarosa's Reviews > Time of My Life

Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch

Sep 21, 11

Read in September, 2011

Introduction: Again, another book that asks us "what if you had a chance to do it all again? If you could leave your seemingly routined and monotonous life as a full time wife and mom to have a second chance with the one you tagged to be the love of your life, would you do it?" But to tell you honestly, I dont regret reading this book. Its cozy yet thought provoking, perfect for light reading.

Overview: Jillian has a life straight out of the women’s magazines she obsessively reads. She’s got the modern-print rugs of Metropolitan Home, the elegant meals from Gourmet, and the clutter-free closets out of Real Simple. With her investment-banker husband behind the wheel and her cherubic eighteen-month-old in the backseat, hers could be the family in the magazines’ Range Rover ads.
Yet somehow all of the how-to magazine stories in the world can’t seem to fix her faltering marriage or stop her from asking "What if?"
Then one morning Jillian wakes up seven years in the past. She’s back in her Manhattan apartment. She’s back in her fast-paced job. And she’s still with Jackson, the ex-boyfriend, and star of her what-if fantasies.
Armed with twenty-twenty hindsight, she’s free to choose all over again. She can reconnect to the mother who abandoned her, she can use ad campaigns from her future to wow her clients, and she can fix the fights that doomed her relationship with Jackson.
Or can she?

My opinion: I always love reading books that tells about going back to the past to try to correct a mistake (or a decision) only to realize that our protagonists will never change anything at all anyway. But I particularly love the way this book is written, in a sense that when Jillian goes back to the past, she is really convince that it is a chance for her to change her fate and eventually end up not with the husband she chose seven years ago but the boyfriend she love even seven years after. She became unhappy with her current life because she believed that she will be happier with her ex boyfriend whose passionate and free-spirited. She got tired of the routines of being a house wife and a full time mother. This is a good read, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride back in time with Jillian - with her second chances and realizations.

I guess, this book tells us that regardless of the choices we made... there will always be moments when we will ask ourselves "what if?". So... it may not be history that needs changing after all :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time of My Life.