Elizabeth Noah Astle's Reviews > Death du Jour

Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Sep 27, 11

Read from September 21 to 25, 2011

This is much written much better than her first book. It did not take me that long to be interested in it.

Though there are similarities between book 1 and 2...her best friend goes missing, and apartment is broken into, in the other, her sister goes missing, and again the apartment is broken into. I think she needs a better security system for her Canadian apartment.

This story starts in Canada with the death of 2 infants, and 4 adults. Then Brennan goes back to NC to finish teaching and takes a weekend off to spend with her daughter. She helps her daughter with an idea for a paper and has her friend help her by letting them visit an island that he has filled with monkeys. While on the island Brennan finds 2 bodies that were dumped there. Then there is a connection between the Canadian murders and NC.

Brennan meets Kathryn who is a member of a group that is not of the mainstream and she thinks there is a link between them and a professor that she knows back in Canada. A few more people die, Brennan starts to get involoved with Ryan (the Canandian detective with the blue eyes), a story unfolds how it all is intertwined with each other.

In the meantime, Brennan is trying to do some research on some bones that a church has asked her to verify that it was a nun that had done great work in helping during the small pox epidemic.

Overall, this book, like I stated above, kept my attention way better than the first book I had read. The characters in the book are way loosly fits of the tv show Bones. I have a feeling when I read the third book that I will like it even better if the writting continues to get better and better like it has.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death du Jour.