Caroline Hanson's Reviews > For My Lady's Heart

For My Lady's Heart by Laura Kinsale

Sep 21, 2011

yes, the dialogue is middle english but it's understandable and beautiful. i loved the heroine, she's so tough and distrusting b/c she's had to be, whereas her knight hates her but has imagined her in his mind for so long that being with her is almost torture. Kinsale's lovely word choices and sentences make all her books unique, make them classics.

What most surprises me was how pioneering she was-- these books are 15+ years old but the women are sometimes stronger than the men, the men have flaws that the genre is only now willing to look at (ie the heros masochism in shadowheart which was a reflection of his own self hatred and his slightly sadistic love who was so manipulated and lacked control in her own life that she enjoyed bringing him down a peg or two by making him serve her or scratch him up-- it was super hot btw!!) when the book first came out her fans were divided, i don't think they would be now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For My Lady's Heart.