Laurian's Reviews > Overbite

Overbite by Meg Cabot

Sep 21, 11

bookshelves: fantacy, girlie
Read in September, 2011

I wish I could simply blame reading this book on my need to try out the interlibrary loan system at my new library, but the truth is that I just wanted to read the sequel to Insatiable, which I read last month.

Sadly, the truth is that it is a whole chunk worse than the previous book.

Again, set in New York, Meena Harper has the ability to know when people are going to die. However, in this book Meena is working for the Palentine Guard, a secret vatican vampire hunter league. This is problematic since her ex-boyfriend happens to be the king of the vamps and promised to love her to the end of his days. If the juxtaposition of vampire hunter and ex-vampire lover doesn’t interest you, Cabot throws in New York City tourists going missing.

This book read like a movie sequel where all the actors have changed, the budget has been slashed in half, and the effects are super cheesy. So cheesy that the movie goes straight to DVD.

While I love Cabot, this book was more disappointing that I would have thought. It made me wish that I hadn’t bothered to pick it up and just enjoyed the first. Yet, because of my undying (pun intended) love of Cabot, I just might pick up the third in the series, if and when it comes out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overbite.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie i'm the same way with cabot because usually her endings are good.. but ohh man.. :(

Felicia Me too, if a third book comes out. I really think Lucien should be given another chance, since he sacrificed himself to save Meena. If Emil and Mary Lou get to live because they were never evil, why can't Lucien? that's just what I think though