shranicky's Reviews > Goodnight Moon

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

F 50x66
Sep 21, 2011

This patterned/predictable book by Margaret Wise Brown is about a little bunny who is laying in bed, noticing everything that's in his room. From the pictures, to the kittens and their mittens, to the old lady saying hush, he notices everything. He then goes back through everything he's noticed and starts to tell everything goodnight.

This book has been a bedtime favorite for years. I know it was definitely one of mine when I was younger. I loved having my parents read this to me right before I went to sleep. It's a very predictable book but yet is very calming to me. The illustrations are wonderful and not too bright of colors. The only thing I don't really like about the illustrations is the fact that every other page is black and white. I would like it better if they were all color. Other than that, I would read this to children from preschool-2nd grade. I think the younger children would really enjoy all of the pictures and the rhyming words. Something else I really liked about the illustrations were how in the first couple of pictures in the book, the green room was bright and then gradually with each color picture, the green room would keep getting less bright. I thought that was really neat about it. Bedtime favorite for sure.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goodnight Moon.