Kaniesha's Reviews > Shiver

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Apr 04, 16

bookshelves: favorites, werewolves, book-boyfriends, winter-books, read-twice
Read from March 30 to April 02, 2016 — I own a copy

I first read this book five years ago when I was 18, fresh out of high school and excited to be free. One of the only things I remember of that summer is reading books. I remember seeing "local author" while browsing the YA section at the public library and thinking that sounded super cool. I picked it up, of course.
I don't remember being this much in love with this story but I know I've had Sam Roth chosen as one of my book boyfriends for ages. What isn't there to love about Sam Roth? What's there to not love about Sam and Grace? Grace and Sam. Truly two halves of a whole, there's barely anything that resonates in me more than a story like this. (I'm a sucker for a cute couple and love that can withstand all sorts of awful types of heartbreak).
I'm a sap! A poor sap! Look at me just go on about this like I know anything. (I do. I'm in love and often I feel like Sam, like stars and light and everything good in the world is created solely from the existence of my one and only.)
Well, anyway, if you like your YA with some romance, here you go.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.

04/01 page 136
34.0% "All this book is doing is making me miss my boyfriend. Bleh. Sam and Grace."
04/02 page 317
81.0% "I'm suddenly glad I know about your death"

Kaniesha I read this book so long ago that Goodreads doesn't have a set date for it. Honestly, it appears that I read these books solely for Sam as Grace is kinda personalized completely by her obsession with Sam. At least we know he likes making music and reading and learning. What does Grace like? Sam.