Susan's Reviews > Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Sep 21, 2011

bookshelves: 2012-reads, non-fiction, historical, memoir-biography-autobiography, the-best-of-the-best
Read from February 22 to 26, 2012

Amazing! Those are the first words I uttered as I closed the last page of this book. I have never read a more inspiring story that this one of Louis Zamperini. Never having heard of this man before I opened the pages of this book, I became glued to the story. I never thought I would like a war story so much, but I just couldn’t quit reading. Zamperini’s tale is one that every single person should read, not only because it tells of an amazing life, but it tells the story for thousands of servicemen who have served for our country. I highly recommend this book for everyone. 5+ stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbroken.

02/13/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Ðɑηηɑ (new)

Ðɑηηɑ how was it?

Susan ♣Ðᾰƞƞᾰ♥ wrote: "how was it?"

Danna, I can't even explain how good this book was. Just when you thought he couldn't experience anything worse (like being lost on the ocean for 46 days with sharks swimming all around) then it just gets worse. Honestly, just such an inspiring story! You should read.

message 3: by Ðɑηηɑ (new)

Ðɑηηɑ Really? Then I should read it! I think I'd love it !