Anthony St. Clair's Reviews > Mountain Brew: A Guide to Colorado's Breweries

Mountain Brew by Ed Sealover

Mar 13, 12

bookshelves: craft-beer-and-homebrew
Recommended for: beer lovers who live in colorado, beer lovers traveling to colorado
Read from September 21, 2011 to March 10, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Whether you live in or are traveling to Colorado, Ed Sealover's handy book gives you far more than just where to snag an excellent pint. Yes, there are handy maps and extensive listings of breweries throughout the state. More importantly, Sealover goes in-depth.

Pub by pub, brewery by brewery, Sealover tells you the story of each place and the people behind it. What makes someone devote their life to brewing? What makes a place stand out from just another watering hole? Sealover tells you.

I find this book very practical, too. My in-laws live in Colorado Springs, and on our next trip we'll be putting Sealover's book to the street test. Trinity Brewing in particular is on my list—especially the dozens of types of saison brewed there.

If you want only utilitarian listings of where to get a beer, this book may seem like it has more than you need. But for anyone who loves not just a good beer, but also loves the story behind a good beer, then Mountain Brew will leave you with a buzz that isn't just from a pint of New Belgium Fat Tire, Durango Dark Lager, or Trinity Nocturnum Black Saison.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mountain Brew.