Erin 's Reviews > The Little Prince

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Apr 29, 08

We are all children in adults bodies. Yes we are, don't think we aren't for one moment. The fact that we WERE, indeed, children, is a huge part of each of us. It is possible to shed a few appreciative tears on every page of this book if you entertain the thought that the pilot IS The Little Prince. Maybe you won't think that--maybe you'll have your own take on the book---that's the magic about it. This book is translated to English from French. If you understand and/or appreciate French, the deliciousness of that fact can affect you in addition to the sweet storyline itself. The book won't even take you a whole day to read. Consider honoring the Little You that still remains, and resides within you, and read this 'salute' to childhood, to innocence, and to you. It just takes a 'Little' imagination and bravery.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Prince.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Noran Miss Pumkin i cherish the child within me every day--my mother taught me this, for she did so herself, till she passed at 69. i use to leave beautiful little children's books under her pillow,for her to find, when she went to sleep. she adored each of them. my father returned them to me, when she passed. now that i finally have a little girl, i get to share them again. i adore childhood--it is so fun and joyous! your review is wonderful--thank you!

Erin Hi, Noran. I am delighted that you liked my review of The Little Prince. Have you read this book? It's so beautiful. What's also beautiful is what you did for your Mom. Now you are a Mom, as am I. Before I (finally) go to sleep, I would like to type my favorite passage from The Velveteen Rabbit. Maybe you've read it, maybe you haven't. Regardless, it bears repeating tonight:

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't often happen to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have been carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

.....There's a little something to 'put under your pillow'. May the memory of your Mother and the sweetness of your Daughter help you sleep tonight! ~Erin~

Noran Miss Pumkin As a child, i would shut my eyes tight every night, and pray for my stuff animals to real one day, after they were worn and away from me. I adore the Little Prince as well and have an early edition from my mother's collection for Virginia. mother loved to collect children's books for their art. i still have a bear--he is 18 years old, and i am 46!:) Thank you for touching my heart and bringing such find memories back to me. Also thank you for the smiles!

Sweet dreams!

Gabrielle Ohh I totally agree with you!I made a review for this book, you can read it if you want and let me know what do you think, sorry for the mistakes (I'm french, good excuse, isn't it??!)

James As I have wrote .... any age of child.

I could not agree more.I have a brother that looks exactly like him, a real angel of the stars.

Never let go of your magic Erin.

Erin So precious, James. You either. <3