Amyiw's Reviews > The Warlord Wants Forever

The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole

Aug 30, 2015

bookshelves: x-2010, series, novella-short, erotic, x-2015
Read in August, 2010

OK, I review because someone liked my lame review, no review. Figured I had to give a review.
3 1/2 stars bumped up on re-read. This is one of my favorite series and this novella is one of my least favorite of the stories, perhaps the least. Still I liked it quite a bit.

So I did not read this first, I suggest to people NOT to read this first as the series is definitely better especially Sabastian and Kaderin's or Bowen and Mari's stories, No Rest for the Wicked and Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night respectively, which I would call my favorites.

This was the last of the Wroth brother's stories that I read: so I read Sabastian, Murdock, Conrad, and then this one (Nicolai) always just called Wroth as he is the oldest. It is the shortest of the stories at 160 pages and not quite up to par with the others. This one was much less on the story and more on the erotic side. It was first published in Playing Easy to Get, so by the name you get the idea. Still Myst is definitely not playing easy to get.

So Myst is a little annoying at first, especially on my first read, as she is quite a tease. She likes Wroth but he is the enemy, period. And this has been going on for millennia. So there is a side story of the cursed gold chain, which I thought was a plot ploy big time to put Wroth in control. Of the Valkyries Myst seems pretty weak. I mean up against Kaderin, or even Regin... she doesn't compare. So along with the tease, I never thought highly of her, still Wroth does. Wroth is the least interesting of the Wroth brothers. He is the play by the rules brother, and Myst pushes all his button to screw the rules. This was the best part of the book. They click and he does what he has to do to get the crazy B to accept him. This has to happen and he knows it.

It is a pretty good erotic read but as part of the immortals, it should be an add in. And only if you like frienimies to lover stories, where they screw each other over before they start caring.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Warlord Wants Forever.