Cherylann's Reviews > Happy Accidents

Happy Accidents by Jane Lynch

Sep 24, 11

bookshelves: memoirs
Read from September 21 to 24, 2011

I listened to Happy Accidents because Jane Lynch narrated the book. I'm certainly glad I chose the audiobook. I really appreciate the candor with which Lynch discusses here childhood, college years, and early adulthood. There were times when I laughed out loud as Lynch was narrating events from her childhood. I'm sure other drivers thought I was a bit nuts. However, by the time the book moved into Lynch's adulthood, and the elements of her career that she's most known for (Best in Show, A Mighty Wind, the 40 Year Old Virgin among others), I felt as if the candor was lost. It seemed like Lynch was reading her resume. It also made me stop and wonder about what it means to write a memoir. After all, Lynch is still working - she's in her prime- and I'm sure she doesn't want to inadvertently alienate anyone because how do you tell your story without telling anyone else's. We are social creatures, and since we don't exist in isolation, other people have to be part of your memoir. Overall, well worth the listen!
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Accidents.