Patrick's Reviews > Incorruptible, Vol. 2

Incorruptible, Vol. 2 by Mark Waid

Sep 21, 11

Read in September, 2011

I'm not going to say it's improbable a Super Hero-induced apocalypse would spawn a group of ICP/90's Alternative-looking white guys into giving themselves a cute name like the Diamond Gang and going around beating and killing minorities because they think the Super Hero is calling them to do so... I'm not going to say it's improbable because I've never been in a Super Hero-induced apocalypse so I can't say what it'd be like. What I can say, however, is racists make for some pretty lame, boring, cardboard villains, and I expected more from this comic series.

Max Damage: World's worst terrorist, but "no racist!" give me a fucking break. That makes him and his transformation into lovable tough guy as exciting and plausible as a leprechaun unicorn shitting on me and calling it mud pie. Well, okay, that would be pretty exciting. But just make this into a fucking Bruce Willis movie already, for barf's sake. And that last part where the racists get beaten up by every poorly-drawn ethnic stereotype in the book was just embarrassing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incorruptible, Vol. 2.