Erin 's Reviews > The Eight Human Talents: Restore the Balance and Serenity within You with Kundalini Yoga

The Eight Human Talents by Kaur Khalsa Gurmukh

Jul 08, 08

This is a book about Kundalini Yoga, which is an ancient Sanskrit practice. The '8 Human Talents' refer to the energy chakras in our body, which each represent certain energies and intentions and feelings, etc. I would love to believe in it 100%, I truly would. We're all looking for ways to feel better. I do take it all with a grain of salt. I tried many of the yoga exercises in this book, specifically designed to help with whatever physical and/or mental ailments are discussed in certain chapters. And, son-of-a-gun, those poses and breathing techniques made a difference. So much so, that I now regularly attend Kundalini Yoga classes in my neighborhood. Negative aspect of that: doing those rather strange poses and techniques ('Breath of Fire', anyone?)in front of strangers fills me with dread and anxiety. Hmm...something I need to work on? I believe Gurmukh would suggest that to be possible. (Perhaps I'll start doing it more at HOME.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eight Human Talents.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erin 'Course you can borrow it. As long as I get it back at some point. Read a little of it, try a few of the 'kriyas', see what you think. If you like it enough, we can go to my Kundalini Yoga place on Ravenswood together. Yikes!! I'm gonna be at the spa this Sat and Sun. You?

Lanny Carlson I attended Spirit Fest in Waynesboro, PA Sept 16-18, 2011, and GURMUKH taught two sessions at the event. Now I am reading her book, and though I've only read the first chapter, I'm really enjoying it. I, too, take the chakra concept with a grain of salt, but the insights in the first chapter are tremendous, and anyone approaching the book and the practice with an open mind will probably find them life changing.

message 3: by Filomena (new) - added it

Filomena Thepoet My yoga teacher recommended it. I am ordering it now!