Bill's Reviews > It's Only Rock and Roll: An Anthology of Rock and Roll Short Stories

It's Only Rock and Roll by Janice Eidus

Sep 28, 11

Read from September 21 to 23, 2011

As is the case with most any short story anthology, I feel like there were some definite hits and a few major misses. More than anything, I want to applaud Kastan for pulling all these stories together, and realizing the inherent magic in people who write about good old rock & roll. It shouldn't come as much of a surprise, but music fiction is totally my kryptonite. I suppose the one area for improvement I'd suggest for a future edition is to group the stories in a more chronological order (plot-wise, not when they were actually written). I found it a little choppy to jump from Buddy Holly to Kurt Cobain to old Elvis (I don't think that's exactly how it pans out, but you know what I mean)

In short, if you like music lit and don't mind the format of short stories (a medium I actually prefer) - then you should thoroughly enjoy this collection. I know that I sure as hell did.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Only Rock and Roll.

09/21/2011 page 117