Gina's Reviews > Rules of Prey

Rules of Prey by John Sandford

Apr 29, 2008

bookshelves: own, mystery-detective
Read in August, 2006

Wow! Okay, I can say that Davenport is not like anything other cop character I've ever read before. He's definitely an original, and I don't know how much I should say for fear of blowing it for those who haven't read it and wish to. Lucas is intelligent and handsome in his own way, has a lot going on, but I found him to be... well, the only word I can think of is insecure when it comes to his personal life (women). He has the 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' attitude when it comes to his informants, and although some would say not entirely legal, it gets the job done. And the book has a really good pace, catches you from the start right to the finish. As I mentioned, email me if you want to discuss the book cause there's something that happens in the book that I wasn't happy with (but it in no way changes my view or rating) but I don't want to blow it for those who are going to read it. I found a few of the female characters a little on the ditzy side, but overall, I liked it.
12 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules of Prey.