Sandy Wolters's Reviews > Desire and Deception

Book: Desire and Deception
Author: Sharon Buchbinder
Genre: Erotic Romance, Erotic Romantic Suspense, Erotic Romantic Thriller
Length: Novel

There is so much happening in DESIRE AND DECEPTION by SHARON BUCHBINDER that I feel I could write a review that is five pages long. The momentum just keeps building and building throughout the book. The story line keeps getting more and more complex as you go. If you like your sex scenes smokin' hot, your suspense edge of your seat, and your thrillers fast paced, this is a book you will thoroughly enjoy.

Sarah Wright-Rosen is a professional woman working at the local college. What I liked so much about Sarah is the growth this character went through in the book. She started out a little wimpy but grew into a strong, fierce woman that when faced in a dangerous situation, stood her ground and even pulled her gun when needed.

I had a problem with Dan, Sarah's husband. I'm still not sure I like him very much. He is a busy, good looking doctor that seemed to me, selfish and demanding when it came to his opinions and needs. Through a series of events in the book that made me want to kick his butt, he was forced to back down from some of his opinions and support his wife and the remarkable circumstances she found herself in or possibly lose her.

Then we have Izzy, the princess of a Mexican crime boss. What a great character! She works as a professor at the college Sarah works at, and they are best friends. Polar opposites really do attract. Sarah, being such a nice person, Izzy is her exact opposite. She is spoiled and deadly. As you get further into this story, you start to learn of the deplorable acts perpetrated against Izzy as a child and the reader gets some insight into why she is the person she is and why she likes her sex rough and under her control. I really enjoyed the interaction between these characters because I felt, through Ms. Buchbinder's writing, Izzy was in some way reaching out to Sarah to get a little normalcy. I truly believe that although Izzy would make fun of Sarah, she also felt drawn to her because she knew Sarah was the one person that she could count on for anything.

I must say that one of my favorite characters in this book was Dan's mother, Gert. We met this eccentric older woman a couple of times. She is a bright humorous spot in this book that takes some very dark turns.

I went into this book blind. I had not read any reviews because I like the book to unfold for me as I read it. I am totally blown away with the direction this book took. Without giving any of the plot away, I must say that never in my wildest dreams would I have thought an erotic book would have such an interesting intricate plot and be so full of twists and turns. This was a really great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desire and Deception.