Susan's Reviews > Wildflower Hill

Wildflower Hill by Kimberley Freeman

Oct 09, 11

Read in October, 2011

Wildflower Hill drew me in because I loved the cover! Flowers get me every time! Honestly, this is a hard book to rate as there were things I really liked about it and other things I didn't like so much. I do enjoy a good family saga, and this was indeed juicy. Although I found myself more entertained by the parts involving Emma, the prima ballerina who's forced into retirement by a knee injury at age 31. I loved how she moved into Wildflower Hill, her grandmother's home, which she'd inherited years ago (but apparently no one had told her as she had to go home to Australia before this legacy could be passed down). Just the whole transformation of her life from selfish to giving, and her discovery of her grandma's secret past, was well done, IMHO. Strangely enough, I wasn't quite as entranced by Beattie (the grandmother's) story. I found parts of it hard to swallow (aka, how she came into possession of Wildflower Hill) and her behavior strange sometimes. But, all in all, it was an absorbing, Calgon-take-me-away kind of read, and that's exactly what I was hoping for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildflower Hill.