Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill's Reviews > Whitehorse

Whitehorse by Katherine Sutcliffe

Sep 22, 11

Read on September 21, 2011

I love a good romance and this was a good one until I got to the end. The ending was so abrupt...too abrupt. I was reading along and then BAM! it was over. I wanted to know more about the future of the characters. It needed an epilogue or something because there were questions I wanted answers to. Did Johnny and Leah's dad ever get to a point where they could at least be civil to each other? Did Leah's dad go to prison? Did they have more kids? Did the paparazzi find out about their wedding in Vegas? Was there even a wedding in Vegas? How did Johnny's reputation suffer, if at all, after they got married? Did he continue to act or did he retire to the ranch to live happily ever after? Did Leah go back to her job at the racetrack? What happened after she said her final word of the book? "True" is all we got?! I wanted to know more.

And since when is "Indian" a bad word? I'm part Indian and I don't care if somebody calls me that. Is it politically incorrect to say the word Indian? I understand that Native American is probably more politically correct but the author of this book treated the word "Indian" like it was a dirty word.

Other than the reasons I mentioned above, this was a good read. The story was fast-paced. I loved the characters. The only bad part was the ending.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whitehorse.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill So far so good. I'm a little over half way through it and I think he got a little rough with her physically but it is a romance and will have a happy ending...I hope