Tina's Reviews > Bet Me

Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie

Nov 29, 11

bookshelves: romance-contemporary, keeper
Read from November 19 to 29, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

First off, this was insanely hilarious. So many laugh out loud moments. And 'grinning doofus face' moments when I wasn't laughing. I love Jennifer Crusie's writing too. I had no problems visualizing the crazy scenes, especially the wedding mayhem.

The characters, while starting out great, began to get on my nerves toward the end. The dialog was written in a way that was overly exaggerated. Which made them all seem like insane drama-queens. Yes, even the men. Plus, I never really liked Cal. He was okay but very shallow in my opinion.

Overall though, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Toward the end it did start to get a bit repetitive which dragged the pacing down. Personally, I could have done without several scenes that didn't really add anything to the story, in turn shortening the book about 100 pages or so. I'd re-read it again though in a few years. The humor is what carries this book no doubt. It is the only reason I had so much fun reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bet Me.

11/19/2011 page 0
0.0% "Came highly recommended by several friends. Looking forward to starting this!"
11/20/2011 page 113
26.0% "I can't believe this has been on my TBR shelf for so long. So freaking hilarious."
show 4 hidden updates…