Shah Wharton's Reviews > Shining in Crimson

Shining in Crimson by Robert S.  Wilson

Aug 23, 13

bookshelves: horror, indie, novel, series, undead, urban, urban-fantasy, vampire, vampires
Read from September 21 to 30, 2011

I loved this. I enjoyed the vampires and humans alike, both showed equal potential for light and dark, and even those who I hated to begin with - Simon - evolved positively. There was a lot of history delivered almost seamlessly through the use of shared-experiences upon consumption of blood, which I loved. There was also a moral message, and a religious and political one, all without preaching or grandstanding. It allowed us enter into the hearts and minds of all, from the persecuted child to the evil monstrous ancestor vampires.

The only nit-picks were that it did get a little confusing during the, his mind/her mind/my mind/your mind subconscious/reality/dreaming/history/present, swapping about, at times.

However, like I said, I loved it. It's WELL worth reading. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series, this ends somewhat abruptly so if you don't enjoy reading series, don't bother starting!

Well done My Wilson! The writing in this book was superb with plenty of drama, action, multi-layered characters and a drag-me-in-by-my-throat setting.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shining in Crimson.

message 1: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Wilson Thanks for the detailed feedback, Shah, I appreciate it! I'm really glad you liked it :)

message 2: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Wilson Fading in Darkness the long-awaited sequel to Shining in Crimson is now available for Kindle! Trade Paperback and limited hardcover editions coming very soon. You can enter to win a signed trade paperback edition here on Goodreads right now!