Selene's Reviews > You Suck

F 50x66
Sep 21, 11

bookshelves: humor, reviewed
Read in September, 2011

I did not like this book as much as I'd hoped. I had read Bloodsucking Fiends (Love Story #1) just before reading this and it was fantastic. I loved Tommy and Jody and loved the way they interacted with well, everyone. So when I saw this was Love Story #2 I assumed it would be about Tommy and Jody, and it kind of is; but it seems to be mostly about Abby Normal. I did not like Abby Normal. And I realize that anything written through her diary would have to be retold for those of us unfortunate enough to not speak valley/emo/wannabe goth (like me). But it was redundant, to say the least. Furthermore there were actually some holes in the plot. For instance fairly early in the book Jody comes across someone who doesn't have a life aura, but we never find out why that is or what the person is. It's mentioned and then summarily dropped and forgotten. Several plot advancements are like this, with things just coming out of nowhere and then explained later as "oh yeah, this happened" or not explained at all. The first one was definitely better written, and funnier to boot.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Suck.