Elizabeth's Reviews > To Tempt a Scotsman

F 50x66
Sep 22, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance, regency, romance
Read from September 20 to 22, 2011

I decided to read this book because I'd heard such praise for Victoria Dahl, but was decidely disappointed with the contemporary romance novel of hers that I read. This book drew me in from the start and held my interest. One of those where I was disappointed for it to end. I may not have liked her contemporary, but will definitely read another Victoria Dahl Historical.

A couple of comments:
I have no idea whether it is historically accurate, but I loved the scottish burr of the hero and other characters.

This is not your Mary Balogh's Regency. It gets hot and heavy early and often. Ms. Dahl excels at these types of scenes though I was almost getting tired of it and wishing for more "story." As the book went on, I was happier with the balance between boudoir and story.

Even though the heroine was the sister of a Duke, very little time was spent at London or focusing on the doings of the "ton." There was still a class backdrop to the story, but I did not want to beat my Nook the way I do with some Regencies.

I liked the dialogue and writing style better than in Ms. Dahl's contemporary novels as well.

** Spoiler**
I appreciate that the hero recognized he needed to change, but dang it took awhile. I'm surprised the heroine took as lng as she did to leave him.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Tempt a Scotsman.