Haley ~ YA-Aholic's Reviews > The Fate of the Muse

The Fate of the Muse by Derrolyn Anderson

Jan 29, 12

Read from September 21 to 26, 2011

“Ethan, I’m scared,” I whispered, right before drifting off myself.

Marina’s Tales is a series that just keeps getting better and better with each installment. I thought book 1 and 2 were great, book 3 completely took my breath away! The amount of suspense Derrolyn has been adding to the Marina’s Tales has been amazing! The Fate of the Muse kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end and left me dying to find out what’s in store for Marina next!

(goodreads blurb) Trouble is stalking Marina. She’s already escaped the clutches of her formidable foe once, but fate has even more trials in store for her. There are evil plans in the works– plans that threaten both her and her newly found family. As she struggles to come to grips with her unwanted powers, outside forces threaten to tear Marina and Ethan apart, making her doubt their vision of an idyllic future together. Can first love be true love?(end blurb)

Derrolyn is really writing an amazing series, a lot of series will have a book or two that are not as event-full or are well basically boring, but not the Marina’s Tales! Each book seems to get better and better, I thought The Fate of the Muse was going to be a calmer read since book one and two were so full of suspense and thrill, but no! Derrolyn made sure she kept her readers attention even MORE in book 3, it really makes me wonder what she is going to have happen in book 4?! Who knows! I can only imagine how awesome it will be!

When I try to pin point my favorite part of The Fate of the Muse…I can’t really pick one. I really loved all the suspense in this one, and meeting some new characters. I think when it comes down to it, my favorite part is the romance (I am such a sucker for romance!!). Marina and Ethan are a great match, I feel (even though Marina is a mermaid ha) that they seem normal…and not in a bad way! A lot of books try to make the romance as magical as possible, and sometimes when authors try too hard to make it magical it comes off cheesy and far too
unrealistic. Marina and Ethan’s romance is never like that, they are magical together, but it is always a believable magic..the kind that makes girls believe there is great guys out there (like Ethan) which there is! A lot of books make a ‘perfect’ guy, and honestly there is no such thing as someone that makes no mistakes or is completely flawless..I am just glad to have a series that has a normal guy, who is just genuinely a nice guy! Not some God, the girl worships! They have a great relationship, that I admire and love!

Marina’s Tales is still the only mermaid novels I have read, and it is seriously making me LOVE mermaids, any one that loves mermaids (or just a good book) I would recommend they pick up the Marina’s Tales! It has great friendship, great relationships, awesome suspense, and is just all together so far an amazing series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fate of the Muse.