Christine's Reviews > Assassins in Love

Assassins in Love by Kris DeLake

Sep 20, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2012

"Assasins in Love" was my first sci-fi romance book in a while.
It was a fun read that started a little bit stronger than it ended. There was no confusing tec talk that made me think I have to learn a new language. Rikki is a very independent, strong character who doesn't trust others lightly. She also doesn't questions her job as assassin, as she sticks to her own set of morals: she only Mills people she things deserve their destiny. Her past has a huge impact on her life and part of it has come to catch up with her.
That part is Misha, assassin of the Guild, rival of Rikki and "straight arrow". He is looking for Rikki because her way of doing her job causes him a lot of trouble. Shortly after they meet they end up in spending a passionate night together. But, like so often, that's where the real trouble starts. Because trust is maybe the only thing assassins don't.
I liked the relationship and the tension between Misha and Rikki and there were enough twists and obstacles to keep things interesting.
The rest of the plot was slighly less interesting. It was quite easy to guess who was behind the plan to throw over the Guild and a huge part of the book focussed on the development of Rikki's and Misha's relationship. A bit more action would have made the story more exciting and fast-paced,
Assassins in Love was a quick read without being overly memorable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Assassins in Love.