Haley ~ YA-Aholic's Reviews > Conflicted

Conflicted by Julia Crane

Dec 15, 11

Read from September 20 to 21, 2011

“This is not a laughing matter. Keegan every time I see you I feel like I am on an elevator that has dropped. I think about you all the time. Maybe fate has stepped in and broken the bond so we can be together..”

Conflicted the second novel of Keegan’s Chronicles was everything I wanted it to be, and oh so much more. Julia Crane is indeed a talented author that knows how to keep her readers attention, with her on the edge of your seat reads!

Conflicted picks up where Coexist left off, Keegan died..but was brought back to life with dark magic. Everyone is so happy that Keegan is alive, but since she was brought back with dark magic she herself is now darker..and worst her bond with Rourke has been broken. Keegan doesn’t know what to do..she wants her bond back with Rourke at first, but when she finds out her long time crush Donald has been crushing on her from afar she can’t help, but fall for him. Now secretly her brother is putting together a plan to get Keegan’s bond back with Rourke…but will Keegan want it back now that she has Donald?

This book was even better than the first! In the beginning of Conflicted all I could think about was how heartbroken I was that Rourke and Keegan’s bond had been broken, Rourke was so hurt and wanted Keegan back SO badly, but as time went on I really started to feel for Donald and Keegan’s relationship! I still think Keegan being with Rourke is how it should end and that they are truly meant for each other, but at the same time Donald is not at all a bad guy! I think Julia adding such a development with Donald and Keegan was a great touch to the story and deff put me on the edge of my seat! Readers will have their hearts torn in two over this love triangle! (I personally am team Rourke (;)

Besides Keegan and Rourke’s bond being broken after her coming back to life, Keegan is also darker now. In Coexist Keegan was such a sweet and fun girl, in Conflicted she still is, but now things are happening when she gets angry, things she can’t control. All I can say is I hope for Keegan’s sake that she gets her darker side under control before something really bad happens. I don’t know what’s going to happen in book three, but let’s hope Julia (author) decides to help Keegan out!

The ending threw me by surprise! I still to this day have no idea how I feel about it…I want to say I am happy about it..but at the same time it left Keegan so upset and hurt that I feel bad being happy about it! I just can’t wait to see where things go in book three!

All in all, if you loved Coexist, expect to be completely blown away by Conflicted!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conflicted.

09/21/2011
6.0% "I am so happy to be back with Keegan and Rourke!!! :D"
09/21/2011
16.0% "Awh Donald, I dont know who I like more! Rourke or Donald?!"
show 4 hidden updates…