Katrina's Reviews > Ever Shade

Ever Shade by Alexia Purdy

Oct 04, 11

Read on October 04, 2011

I'm not normally one to read books on Faeries but I must say this one had me intrigued from page one till the end. Its filled with mystery, action and magic and a compelling storyline that I read in one sitting.

Steady paced storyline, with a great cast of supporting characters, chapters that flowed smoothly and an intriguing plot. I enjoyed the determination of the main characters, her life was not as it seemed. She always thought she was different and upon meeting Jack her life was thrown into a world she never thought existed.

Shade always new something was different - the voices within, had no real meaning until she met Jack. Upon Jack discovering Shade and her hearing voices, he takes her back to his world where Shade is told she is the key to saving his land. Here Shade discovers she is Part Fae - but Shade is in denial.

Feeling somewhat pressured yet compelled to help, Shade embarks on a trip to the fountain to obtain the liquid that will save this land of Fae and stop the wars within.

Twists and turns are thrown at Shade and along her travels, she is introduced to many - some evil, some good, she learns to embrace what she has within. Shade discovers her blood lines,and along the way she also discovers how to use the magic within.

This is just the beginning of an intriguing series, I alone rated it on Alexia's compelling storyline. As I have not read many books on Faeries I really enjoyed it. The addition of the Teleen line was certainly a treat and the fact that Shade was immune to it even more so.. Interim blue is filled with action, adventure, mystery, magic and mayhem and I'm sure for all the readers out there who enjoy Faeries then this is for you..

I eagerly await book 2 to see where Shade and Dylans relationship goes, I'm hoping that we see a little more depth into the characters, and the connection between the worlds = will Shade return home to normal teenage life ?

Alexia Purdy has jumped leaped and bounded - full throttle ahead - into this series, giving us readers a fantastic insight into the world that she has created ,compelling characters, and a storyline thats draws you into the pages at every turn !
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ever Shade.