Jennifer Wardrip's Reviews > 101 Ways to Dance

101 Ways to Dance by Kathy Stinson

Reviewed by Andie Z. for TeensReadToo.com

101 WAYS TO DANCE is an amazing collection of short stories that each deal with a different aspect of teenage sexuality. The stories vary in length and tone, covering a vast array of topics that include everything from teen pregnancies, mental illness, and terminal cancer to struggling with coming out to friends and feeling inappropriate lust for cousins.

As is bound to happen with a collection, there were certain stories that I enjoyed more than others, but each one is brilliant in its own way. Some of my favorites include CHICKEN, which is less than two pages long and involves a game of chicken between two teenagers in a church basement, and the title story, 101 WAYS TO DANCE, which is just that: a very creative list of one-hundred-and-one ways to dance.

Kathy Stinson has created believable, likeable characters and realistic storylines that teenagers will be able to identify with, even if they have not had similar experiences. Each story is a gem, a refreshing coming-of-age tale, and I would highly encourage every teenager to go out and read this book, because it shows us that there truly are one-hundred-and-one (and many, many more) ways to dance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 101 Ways to Dance.